CalEPA Environmental Enforcement Training Resources
- CalEPA Basic Inspector Academy (BIA), Course #310
The CalEPA Basic Inspector Academy (BIA) is designed to teach core knowledge and skills to encourage cross-media awareness needed to conduct quality inspections. Enrollment in this BIA course is restricted to ONLY environmental agency inspectors and other government/tribal enforcement personnel. This 3.5 day classroom training covers inspection and search warrants, interviewing skills, elements of a violation, evidence to prove a violation, environmental sampling, report writing, enforcement options, and testimony skills. The course instructors also facilitate an interactive multi-disciplinary mock inspection exercise.
A prerequisite to Course #310 is the online Fundamental Inspector Course #300. To enroll in the BIA, please go to https://ssl.arb.ca.gov/training/training.htm.
- Fundamental Inspector Course (FIC), Course #300
This is an online course that takes approximately four to six hours to complete, and must be finished prior to the start of the CalEPA Basic Inspector Academy (Course #310). The Fundamental Inspector Course covers the role of the inspector; science of the environmental pollution; overview of environmental law; and the roles and responsibilities of CalEPA agencies. To enroll in the online class, please go to https://ssl.arb.ca.gov/training/training.htm.
- SWRCB UST Inspector Training
- Unified Program Training Framework, March 2012 (PDF)
Unified Program Links
- Unified Program Home
- Unified Program Regulations 45-Day Public Notice and Comment Period
- LAFD CUPA Proposed Program Change Administrative Record
- CUPA Performance Evaluations
- Electronic Reporting
- Unified Program Publications and Forms
- Inspection & Enforcement Resources for Unified Program Agencies
- Unified Program Laws and Regulations
- Rural Reimbursements
- Unified Program Training
- Subscribe to the Unified Program Listserv
- Unified Program Contacts