Assembly Bill (AB) 2286 (Feuer) went into effect Jan. 1, 2009. The law requires all regulated businesses and all regulated local government Unified Program Agencies (UPAs) to electronically report and submit required Unified Program information previously recorded on paper forms. This includes facility data regarding hazardous material regulatory activities, chemical inventories, underground and aboveground storage tanks, and hazardous waste generation. It also includes UPA data such as inspections and enforcement actions.
All businesses must submit and report Unified Program information to either the statewide California Environmental Reporting System (CERS), or to the local UPAs reporting portal. For more information about CERS and Unified Program electronic reporting requirements, please go to CERS Central at https://cers.calepa.ca.gov/.
Unified Program Links
- Unified Program Home
- Unified Program Proposed Regulations
- CUPA Performance Evaluations
- Electronic Reporting
- Unified Program Publications and Forms
- Inspection & Enforcement Resources for Unified Program Agencies
- Unified Program Laws and Regulations
- Rural Reimbursements
- Unified Program Training
- Subscribe to the Unified Program Listserv
- Unified Program Contacts