Notice of Public Hearing on Imperial County Fire Department Application to be the Certified Unified Program Agency For Imperial County
Date and Time:
Dec. 13, 2018
4 p.m. – 6 p.m.
Imperial County Board of Supervisors Chambers
County Administration Center
940 W. Main Street, Suite 211
El Centro, CA 92243
Background: The Imperial County Fire Department has filed an application with the Secretary for Environmental Protection at the California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA). It seeks to become the Certified Unified Program Agency (CUPA) for Imperial County. The Unified Program consolidates, coordinates, and makes consistent the administrative requirements, permits, inspections, and enforcement activities of six California environmental and emergency response programs relating to the management of hazardous materials. You can read more about the Unified Program online at www.calepa.ca.gov/cupa. The California Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) currently serves as the CUPA for Imperial County.
Purpose of Hearing: The Secretary of CalEPA is required to hold a public hearing on the Imperial County Fire Department’s application and to consider comments received at the public hearing in making a decision on the application. The public hearing will provide an opportunity for members of the public to provide comments for the Secretary’s consideration.
- To read the application submitted to CalEPA by the Imperial County Fire Department, visit: www.calepa.ca.gov/cupa and scroll down to Unified Program News.
- To submit written comments for the Secretary’s consideration, send them no later than Dec. 14, 2018 to: CalEPA, Attention: Secretary Rodriquez, 1001 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814. Oral and written comments will be accepted at the public hearing.
- Spanish translation services will be available at the public hearing.
- The hearing room is wheelchair accessible. To request additional assistance to participate in the public hearing, or for additional questions about the hearing, please contact Chris Tiedemann at firstname.lastname@example.org or (916) 634-8428.
Unified Program Links
- Unified Program Home
- Unified Program and COVID-19
- CUPA Performance Evaluations
- Electronic Reporting
- Unified Program Publications and Forms
- Inspection & Enforcement Resources for Unified Program Agencies
- Unified Program Laws and Regulations
- Rural Reimbursements
- Unified Program Training
- Unified Program Contacts