The CalEPA Enforcement Report is a collaborative effort of the Office of the Secretary, the Boards, Departments and Office within the agency and our allied enforcement partners.
CalEPA Recommended Enforcement Guidance
These guidance documents are a resource of information on issues affecting enforcement of California’s environmental laws. Distribution is intended to assist CalEPA in meeting its statutory duty to develop a program to ensure that the state boards, departments, offices, and local agencies that implement laws within its jurisdiction take consistent and effective enforcement actions to protect public health and the environment (Government Code section 12812.2). The current CalEPA Recommended Guidance on Enforcement documents are:
- CalEPA Recommended Guidance on Search Warrants (PDF)
- CalEPA’s Recommended Guidance on Voluntary Disclosure (PDF) (formally known as the Policy on Self Audit)
- CalEPA’s Recommended Guidance on Supplemental Environmental Projects (SEP) (PDF)
- Inspection Report Writing Guidance
- CalEPA Suggested Guidelines for Digital Photos