The California Hazardous Materials and Oil Emergency Function is an annex to the State Emergency Plan (PDF). EF-10 is a framework for agencies with jurisdictional or regulatory authority to conduct all phases of emergency management for threatened or actual releases of oil or hazardous materials.
The lead, primary, and supporting agencies named in the EF-10 Annex work together within their respective authorities to, among other actions:
- Minimize, contain, and monitor a release or spill.
- Coordinate or oversee the removal of hazardous materials, oil, or debris.
- Set or recommend evacuation, re-entry, clearance and remediation levels.
- Develop guidance and recommendations for response activities.
- October 2013: EF 10 Hazardous Materials Annex Executive Summary and Resource Matrix (PDF)
- June 2012: Interim Draft – California Hazardous Materials and Oil Emergency Function Annex EF-10 (PDF)
- State of California Emergency Plan & Emergency Functions
- Lead and Primary Agencies Organization Chart (PDF)
- Supporting Agencies Organization Chart (PDF)