The CalEPA Tribal Advisory Committee (TAC) was established in 2010 to discuss environmental issues and projects involving California Native American Tribes. The TAC includes representatives from federally-recognized and non-federally recognized California Native American Tribes. The TAC meet with the Secretary of CalEPA and/or his designee, the heads of each CalEPA Board, Department and Office (BDOs), or their designees, the BDO Tribal Liaisons, at least quarterly each calendar year.
The members of the CalEPA Tribal Advisory Committee are the following:
- Chairperson: Sarah Ryan, Big Valley Band of Pomo Indians
- Vice-Chair: Harry Williams, Bishop Paiute Tribe
- Secretary: Crystal Robinson, Quartz Valley Indian Reservation
- Member: Clifford Batten, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
- Alternate: Chris Manzano, San Manuel Band of Mission Indians
- Member: Dore Bietz, Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians of the Tuolumne Rancheria
- Alternate: Bailey Hunter, Tuolumne Band of Me-Wuk Indians
- Member: Linda D. Otero, Fort Mojave Indian Tribe
- Alternate: Nora McDowell, Fort Mojave Indian Tribe
- Member: Kenneth E. Tipon, Federated Indians of the Graton Rancheria
- December 12-13, 2017 Meeting Agenda (.pdf, 61kB) – Sacramento, CA
- The CalEPA TAC will also have a joint meeting with the CalEPA Agency Secretary and the Heads of the CalEPA BDOs as part of this meeting.
- The Waterboards and Emergency Response agenda items will be webcasted. To view the webcast, please visit: https://video.calepa.ca.gov/https://video.calepa.ca.gov/
Past Meeting Summaries:
- Coming soon.