The Task Force is headed by CalEPA with participation from other federal, state and local agencies and departments throughout California that serve as its members.
State and Federal Agencies
- California Environmental Protection Agency
- California Air Resources Board
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Department of Industrial Relations
- Division of Occupational Safety and Health
- Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- California Department of Public Health
- California Emergency Medical Services Authority
- Office of the State Fire Marshal
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 9
Certified Unified Program Agencies With Refineries
- Contra Costa County Environmental Health
- El Segundo Fire
- Kern County Environmental Health
- Los Angeles County Fire
- City of Los Angeles Fire
- San Luis Obispo County Environmental Health
- Solano County Environmental Health
Local Air Pollution Control Districts With Refineries
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- San Luis Obispo County Air Pollution Control District
- South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Implement the recommendations in the Governor’s Interagency Working Group on Refinery Safety’s report, Improving Public and Worker Safety at Oil Refineries. Incremento en la Seguridad Pública y del Trabajador en Refinerías de Petróleo.
- Enhance coordination of oversight, enforcement, outreach and response activities by regulatory agencies.
- Establish refinery safety forums in northern, central and southern California for ongoing dialogue among industry, labor, community, environmental groups and regulators to enhance public and worker knowledge and safety.