The Council is comprised of the state secretaries or directors of the following agencies:
– California Environmental Protection Agency;
– California Health and Human Services Agency;
– California Natural Resources Agency;
– California State Transportation Agency;
– California Department of Food and Agriculture;
– California Governor’s Office of Emergency Services;
– Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency;
– California Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development; and
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, which serves as is an ex-officio member.
Notice is hereby given that the California-Mexico Border Relations Council will be holding a meeting consistent with the information below.
MEETING DATE, TIME & LOCATION
November 19, 2019 – 1:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Calexico City Hall – Council Chambers
608 Heber Ave
Calexico, CA 92231
Members of the public will have an opportunity to comment on each agenda item during the discussion or consideration of the item, consistent with Government Code section 11125.7(a).
1. Roll Call
2. Welcome and Introductions
- Discussion and possible action item to adopt minutes from the March 27, 2019 meeting
4. Border Region Health
- Update on Cross-Border Health Data and Outcomes
- Environmental Justice Leadership Summit Report
- Update on Cross-Border/Transboundary Flows and the New River Improvement Project
5. Report from Representatives of Mexican Border States
- Baja California, on the new State Administration’s Priorities
- Sonoran Congressional Delegates report on concerns regarding Colorado River flows
6. Bi-National Updates from the Council
- Council members briefly update the council and the public on their bi-national efforts, relevant to the discussion
7. Public Comment
All inquiries about the meeting or Council should be directed to Alex Rodarte at (916) 341-6136, via e-mail at Alejandro.Rodarte@calepa.ca.gov or by letter to 1001 I Street, P.O. Box 2815, Sacramento, California, 95812-0806. Notices, meeting agendas and other documents relating to the Council are available at https://calepa.ca.gov/border-affairs-program/california-mexico-border-relations-council/, and are available for public inspection upon request at 1001 I Street Sacramento, California 95814.
Persons who need special accommodations should contact Alex Rodarte (contact information above) at least 72 hours before the meeting to request special accommodations.
Spanish and English translation will be available for any person with limited English or Spanish fluency.