Independent Emissions Market Advisory Committee
MEETING NOTICE AND AGENDA for VIRTUAL MEETING
September 16, 2020
10:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. PDT
(or until the close of business)
Register in advance for this meeting:
Join the Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 998 6374 9272
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)
+1 929 436 2866 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 998 6374 9272
Find your local number: https://zoom.us/u/acjSBGIDfe
Dallas Burtraw, Chair
Ann Carlson, Vice Chair
Ross Brown, Observer
- Call to Order, Roll Call, and Establishment of Quorum – Dallas Burtraw, Chair
- Welcome, Introductions, and Meeting Purpose – Dallas Burtraw, Chair
- Legislative Update – California Environmental Protection Agency/California Air Resources Board Representative
- Update on SB 100 (stats. 2018, ch. 312) – California Energy Commission Representative
- Carbon Neutrality Studies Update – California Environmental Protection Agency Representative
- Subcommittee Update on Annual Report
- A. Climate Policy Portfolio – Meredith Fowlie and Danny Cullenward, Committee Members
- B. Allowance Supply – Danny Cullenward, Committee Member, and Dallas Burtraw, Chair
- C. Free Allocation to Refineries and other businesses – Jennifer Kropke, Committee Member, and Dallas Burtraw, Chair
- D. Adjustments to Allocation and/or Auction Rules – Ann Carlson and Meredith Fowlie, Committee Members
- E. Transportation – Ann Carlson and Jennifer Kropke, Committee Members
- Discussion on Committee Administration
- A. Update on Handbook and Protocol for Committee Operations – Danny Cullenward
- B. Setting future virtual meeting dates – Dallas Burtraw, Chair
- Public Comment on Items not on the Agenda – Dallas Burtraw, Chair
- The Committee may not discuss or take action on any matter raised during the Public Comment section that is not included on this agenda, except whether to decide to place the matter on the agenda of a future meeting. (Gov. Code, §§ 11125, 11125.7(a).
- Adjournment – Dallas Burtraw, Chair
For further information about this meeting, please contact Bonnie Waltz at +1 (916) 324-9701 or email@example.com, or 1001 I Street, Sacramento, CA 95814.
Instructions for Remote Public Participation:
In accordance with the Bagley-Keene Open Meeting Act, all meetings of the Committee are open to the public. This agenda, and any available meeting minutes and materials, can be found on the Independent Emissions Market Advisory Committee webpage.
Following directives from the Governor’s Executive Orders N-29-20 and N-33-20 as well as the California Department of Public Health’s recommendations regarding public gatherings, the September 16, 2020 IEMAC meeting will be a remote meeting only held virtually via Zoom. There will be no physical public access location.
Please register for the IEMAC Meeting using this link. After you register, you will receive an email notification with a link to join the webinar. Please use the link in the email you received to join the IEMAC Meeting the morning of the meeting. To participate in this meeting virtually, visit the following link: https://zoom.us/meeting/register/tJ0lceqvqjIoHdbQ6GHExmE8cMByqtwSglO0.
To participate by phone, dial +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose) or find your local number here: https://zoom.us/u/acjSBGIDfe. The Meeting ID is: 998 6374 9272. The Password is: 232419.
Discussion and action may be taken on any item on the Committee meeting agenda. The time and order of agenda items are approximate and subject to change at the discretion of the Committee Chair to facilitate the effective transaction of business. If you wish to have a guaranteed opportunity to participate or observe any particular agenda item, please plan to virtually participate for the entire meeting.
Government Code section 11125.7 provides the opportunity for the public to address each agenda item during discussion or consideration by the Committee or prior to the Committee taking any action on said item. Members of the public will be provided appropriate opportunities to comment on any issues before the Committee, but the Committee Chair may, at his discretion, apportion available time among those who wish to speak. Individuals may appear before the Committee to discuss items not on the agenda; however, the Committee cannot discuss or take official action on these items during the same meeting. (Gov. Code, §§ 11125, 11125.7(a).)
Accessibility at CalEPA:
Committee meetings are open to the public and are held in barrier free facilities that are accessible to those with physical disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). If you are a person with a disability requiring disability-related modifications or accommodations to participate in the meeting, including auxiliary aids or services, or if you require documents be made available in an alternate format or another language or require an interpreter at the hearing, please contact Bonnie Waltz at +1 (916) 324-9701 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Requests should be made as soon as possible, but at least ten (10) business days prior to the scheduled meeting. You may also dial a voice TTY/TDD/Speech-to-Speech Communications Assistant at 7-1-1.
Accesibilidad en CalEPA (en español):
Las reuniones del Comité están abiertas al público y se llevan a cabo en instalaciones sin barreras que son accesibles para las personas con discapacidades físicas de acuerdo con la Ley de Estadounidenses con Discapacidades (ADA, por sus siglas en de la General de La N.o. Si usted es una persona con una discapacidad que requiere modificaciones o adaptaciones relacionadas con la discapacidad para participar en la reunión, incluyendo ayudas o servicios auxiliares, o si necesita que los documentos estén disponibles en un formato alternativo u otro idioma o requiera un intérprete en la audiencia, comuníquese con Bonnie Waltz at +1 (916) 324-9701 or email@example.com. Las solicitudes deben hacerse tan pronto como sea posible, pero al menos diez (10) días hábiles antes de la reunión programada. También puede marcar un asistente de voz TTY/TDD/Speech-to-Speech Communications Al 7-1-1.
Climate Action Links
- Climate Action Home
- Climate Investments
- Climate Partnerships
- Carbon Neutrality Studies (en Español)
- Independent Emissions Market Advisory Committee
- International ZEV Alliance
- Lithium-ion Car Battery Recycling Advisory Group
- Bioenergy Programs
- Climate Action Contacts
- Urban Heat Island Index