Below are the data resources that provide information regarding the facilities or sites identified as meeting the “Cortese List” requirements.
- List of Hazardous Waste and Substances sites from Department of Toxic Substances Control (DTSC) EnviroStor database
- List of Open Active Leaking Underground Storage Tank Sites from the State Water Board’s GeoTracker database
- List of solid waste disposal sites identified by Water Board with waste constituents above hazardous waste levels outside the waste management unit (PDF).
- List of “active” CDO and CAO from Water Board (MS Excel, 1,453 KB). PLEASE NOTE: This list contains many Cease and Desist Orders and Cleanup and Abatement Orders that do NOT concern the discharge of wastes that are hazardous materials. Many of the listed orders concern, as examples, discharges of domestic sewage, food processing wastes, or sediment that do not contain hazardous materials, but the Water Boards’ database does not distinguish between these types of orders. If there is a question about whether a specific order concerns the discharge of wastes that are hazardous materials, please contact the applicable Regional Water Board.
- List of hazardous waste facilities subject to corrective action pursuant to Section 25187.5 of the Health and Safety Code, identified by DTSC.
For more information regarding the “Cortese List” statute, go to Background and History.