On April 13, 2022, CalEPA received an application from LAFD CUPA to remove LACoFD as a PA for the Hazardous Waste Generator program element within the City of Los Angeles and for LAFD CUPA to replace LACoFD as the administrator for the program in the City of Los Angeles. The parties subsequently stipulated that the application presented two questions:
(1) Should CalEPA remove LACoFD as the Participating Agency (PA) for the HWG Program element; and
(2) Should CalEPA approve LAFD CUPA’s application to add the HWG Program element?
A public hearing was held on March 16, 2023, to receive public comment on the second question. A copy of the video recording of this meeting is available upon request to CUPA@calepa.ca.gov. Please use the subject line “Request for LA City CUPA public hearing video.”
The following documents are the Administrative Record upon which CalEPA will render its decision regarding the two questions above.
- LAFD CUPA’s amended application to remove LA County PA and add the Hazardous Waste Generator program element and attachments
- LACoFD Participating Agency’s (PA) response to the amended application
- LAFD CUPA’s reply to LA County PA’s Response
- LACoFD PA’s sur-reply to LAFD CUPA’s reply
- 1997 Participating Agency (PA) Agreement and associated Memorandum of Understanding (MOU)
- LACoFD PA’s Program Improvement Agreement (PIA) and related correspondence
- LAFD CUPA PA PIA Final CUPA Response dated July 11, 2022
- July 8, 2022, Letter from LAFD CUPA lifting the PIA
- Information from data management systems such as the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS) and the Hazardous Waste Tracking System (HWTS)
- Previously completed CalEPA evaluations of LAFD CUPA, including the 2016 evaluation and related PIA
- LAFD CUPA Summary Brief
- LACoFD PA Summary Brief
- Comments from the Public Hearing held March 16, 2023. Video available upon request.
If you have any questions about the administrative record, please contact John Paine at John.Paine@calepa.ca.gov.