The Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award Program is California’s highest environmental honor. The program recognizes individuals, organizations, and businesses that have demonstrated exceptional leadership and made notable, voluntary contributions in conserving California’s precious resources, protecting and enhancing our environment, building public-private partnerships and strengthening the State’s economy.
The annual Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Award Program is administered by the California Environmental Protection Agency, in partnership with the Natural Resources Agency, the Department of Food and Agriculture, the State Transportation Agency, the Business, Consumer Services, and Housing Agency, the Government Operations Agency, the Labor and Workforce Development Agency, and the Health and Human Services Agency.
Awards Ceremony Program
Photos from the 2015 Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards Ceremony
Photo Credit (where noted): www.laurenalissephotography.com
The recipients of the 2015 Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards are:
- Stanford University – Stanford Energy System Innovations (SESI)
Ecosystem & Land Use Stewardship
- Prather Ranch – Vertically Integrated Cow/Calf Beef Business & Branded Beef Product
- Sacramento Water Forum – Lower American River Restoration and Protection
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California – Education Programs
- Orange County Department of Education and Orange County Waste & Recycling – Project Zero Waste
- REV – Sustainability Circles©
Sustainable Practices, Communities or Facilities
- City of Anaheim – Anaheim Regional Transportation Intermodal Center (ARTIC)
- South San Francisco Scavenger Company and Blue Line Transfer Inc. – Anaerobic Digestion and CNG Fueling Facility
- Sonoma County Winegrape Commission – Sonoma County Winegrowers Commitment to 100% Sustainability
- Clean Water Action and Clean Water Fund – ReThink Disposable – Stop Waste Before It Starts
- San Diego County Regional Airport Authority – Waste Reduction
- Solana Center for Environmental Innovation – Organics Marketplace
Who May Apply/Eligibility
The awards will be presented for voluntary achievements culminated in 2014. Competition is open to all California residents, businesses, non-profit organizations, professional and trade associations, communities, state and local government entities, tribes, and federal agencies operating in California. Projects are deemed ineligible if they are the result of mitigation, litigation, or required by legislation. Those who applied previously are welcome to apply again.
For any questions regarding the application process, please contact Nilan Watmore at Nilan.Watmore@calepa.ca.gov.