The California Environmental Protection Agency and its boards, departments, and offices recognize agencies, local governments, small businesses, and individuals for their outstanding achievements in environmental protection. Listed below are these awards.
- The Governor’s Environmental and Economic Leadership Awards Program (GEELA): This program recognizes individuals, organizations, and businesses that have demonstrated exceptional leadership and made notable contributions in conserving our precious resources, protecting and enhancing our environment, and building public-private partnerships. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Haagen-Smit Clean Air Award: The Air Resources Board accepts nominations every year for this award, which recognizes contributions toward improving the air in California. Contact: Bart E. Croes, P.E. (916) 445-0753.
- Cool California Small Business Awards Program: Recognizes small businesses that take action to reduce their carbon footprint and become more sustainable. Watch the video for more information. Contact: Judy Nottoli (916) 322-7429.
Department of Pesticide Regulation
- Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Innovator Awards: Awards leaders who adopt techniques that increase the benefits and reduce the risks of pest control. Contact: Ann Schaffner (916) 324-4156.
- Used Oil and Household Hazardous Waste collection program awards are coordinated and cosponsored every spring with CalRecycle. Contact: Mary Misemer (916) 323-9618.
- Please visit the State Water Resources Control Board to find information on current awards.