California-Mexico Border Relations Council
Meeting Notice and Agenda
Notice is hereby given that the California-Mexico Border Relations Council will be holding a meeting consistent with the information below.
MEETING DATE, TIME & LOCATION
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
1:00 pm – 4:00 pm
San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board, Board Room
2375 Northside Drive, Suite 100
San Diego, CA 92108-2700
A live webcast will be available online at the CalEPA Public Meeting Live Webcast webpage.
Members of the public will have an opportunity to comment on each agenda item during the discussion or consideration of the item, consistent with Government Code section 11125.7(a).
- Roll Call
- Welcome and Introductions
- Discussion and possible action item to adopt minutes from the July 31, 2017 meeting.
- California Mexico Border Relations Council Annual Report
- The Council will hear a presentation on, then review and discuss the 2017 California-Mexico Border Relations Council Annual Report to the Legislature. The Council may take action to approve the Annual Report – California Environmental Protection Agency
- Update on Food and Agriculture Work at the Border
- The Council will hear an update on food and agriculture work at the border – California Department of Food and Agriculture
- Solid Waste Working Group Updates
- The Council will hear a summary of the Baja California workshop on waste tire and solid waste management and a presentation on the Update to the Tire Flow Study – San Diego State University
- Update on Health in the Border Region
- The Council will hear an update on vector borne diseases at the border – Office of Binational Border Health
- The Council will hear an update on environmental health projects at the border – California Department of Public Health Environmental Health Investigations Branch
- Water Issues at the Border
- The Council will be provided with an update on the status of the Revised New River Strategic Plan and water issues in the Colorado River Basin region – Colorado River Basin Water Quality Control Board
- The Council will hear an update related to the Tijuana River Valley Recovery Team efforts and San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board regulatory approaches – San Diego Regional Water Quality Control Board
- The Council will hear a report on IBWC’s work regarding transboundary flows – International Boundary and Water Commission (US Section)
- The Council will hear an update related to Tijuana River National Estuarine Research Reserve projects – California Department of Parks and Recreation
- The Council will hear an update regarding the California Department of Fish and Wildlife’s Proposition 1 Watershed Restoration Grants and “cross-border criteria” – California Department of Fish and Wildlife
- Air Quality at the Border
- The Council will hear the results on the PM2.5 Air Quality Monitoring Effort in Mexicali and an update on the upcoming Draft Work Plan to Improve Air Quality in the Border Region – California Air Resources Board
- The Council will hear updates on the San Ysidro Community Air Monitoring Project and a drinking water study in Imperial County– Office of Environmental Health Hazard Assessment
- Business and Economic Development at the Border
- The Council will hear an update on cross-border business and economic development – Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
- Binational Energy Collaboration
- The Council will hear updates on energy cooperation – California Energy Commission
- Federal Government Border Program Updates
- The Council will hear an update on the Border 2020 Program – U.S. EPA
- The Council will hear updates regarding environmental initiatives in Mexico – SEMARNAT
- Baja California Environmental Updates
- The Council will hear updates regarding environmental initiatives in Baja California – Secretariat for Environmental Protection of Baja California/SPA
- Future meeting and agenda items
- The Council will decide on the next Council meeting date and discuss possible agenda items.
- Public comment on matters not on the agenda
- The Council will hear public comment on issues within the Council’s jurisdiction.
All inquiries about the meeting or Council should be directed to Alex Rodarte at (916) 341-6136, via e-mail at Alejandro.Rodarte@calepa.ca.gov or by letter to 1001 I Street, P.O. Box 2815, Sacramento, California, 95812-0806. Notices, meeting agendas and other documents relating to the Council are available at https://calepa.ca.gov/border-affairs-program/california-mexico-border-relations-council/, and are available for public inspection upon request at 1001 I Street Sacramento, California 95814.
Persons who need special accommodations should contact Alex Rodarte (contact information above) at least 72 hours before the meeting to request special accommodations. You may also contact Mr. Rodarte if you are a person with limited English and would like to request interpreter services or are interested in a conference call-in option.