The Task Force is headed by CalEPA with participation from other federal, state and local agencies and departments throughout California. Click here for a list of current members.
State and Federal Agencies
- California Environmental Protection Agency
- California Air Resources Board
- Department of Toxic Substances Control
- State Water Resources Control Board
- Department of Industrial Relations
- Division of Occupational Safety and Health
- Governor’s Office of Emergency Services
- California Department of Public Health
- California Emergency Medical Services Authority
- Office of the State Fire Marshal
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Region 9
Certified Unified Program Agencies With Refineries
- Contra Costa County Environmental Health
- El Segundo Fire
- Kern County Environmental Health
- Los Angeles County Fire
- City of Los Angeles Fire
- San Luis Obispo County Environmental Health
- Solano County Environmental Health
Local Air Pollution Control Districts With Refineries
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District
- San Luis Obispo County Air Pollution Control District
- South Coast Air Quality Management District
- Implement the recommendations in the Governor’s Interagency Working Group on Refinery Safety’s report, Improving Public and Worker Safety at Oil Refineries (PDF, 3.8 MB). Appendix (PDF, 12.3 MB). Incremento en la Seguridad Pública y del Trabajador en Refinerías de Petróleo (PDF).
- Enhance coordination of oversight, enforcement, outreach and response activities by regulatory agencies.
- Establish refinery safety forums in northern, central and southern California for ongoing dialogue among industry, labor, community, environmental groups and regulators to enhance public and worker knowledge and safety.